Sterile Processing Technician
Days: Every Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
Time: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Weekly Payment Plan: 11 Weekly Payments of $118.00
Call (586) 859-5142 to register for this class!
- Textbook & Workbook combo $125.00
- CPR Certification
- Ceil Blue Scrubs (Nursing uniform)
- National Exam
Course curriculum: Human Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Infection Control, Decontamination, Sterilization, Surgical Instrumentation Processing, Distribution, Complex Surgical Instruments, Medical Terminology, HIPAA Privacy Practices, and More!
This course focuses on the requirements of the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) and prepares you to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification exam. Successful completion of this course will allow you to sit for the national exam and earns you a certificate of completion from Michigan Healthcare Academy.
Students will need to complete 400-hours of internship, after completion of the course in order to earn their full Sterile Processing Technician industry certification. Some hospitals will also allow you to work (with pay) while you accumulate your hours.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- English Fluency (verbal and written)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and to reach overhead
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods
- Personal health insurance upon entry and for the duration of the program
Average salary and wages: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the national average salary of a Central Service Technician is $25.34 per hour. However, Central Service Technicians in Ann Arbor, Michigan are earning an average wage of $36.40 per hour!