Medical Assistant Training Program
Length of course: 35-weeks
Days of the week: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Time: 4:30AM – 8:30 PM
Upcoming 2023 classes:
January 16, 2023 – September 13, 2023
Career Description: Medical Assistants (MA) perform a combination of clinical and administrative duties within a healthcare setting. These medical professionals commonly work under the direction of a physician in physician’s offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and assisted living facilities. Some common tasks a medical assistant will perform are:
- Obtaining vital signs
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Documenting patient’s medical history
- Collecting laboratory samples
- Performing medical billing and coding
- Drawing blood
- Answering and returning telephone calls
- Performing EKG/ECG’s
- Administering injections or medications
- Preparing exam rooms for procedures and assisting physicians with patient care
Career Outlook: According to the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 19% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than average, for all occupations.
School Attire: Navy blue nursing uniform/ medical scrubs
Program Objectives: This course will focus on BOTH the clinical and administrative duties of the Medical Assistant. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Course Curriculum: Human anatomy and physiology, basic microbiology, infection control, decontamination & sterilization, medical terminology, legal principals, healthcare records, coding and medical billing, physical examinations, vital signs, nutrition and health promotion, assisting with surgical procedures, principals of electrocardiography (EKG/ECG), medical emergencies, assisting with medications, medical specialties such as pediatric care, geriatrics, obstetrics and gynecology (OBGYN) behavioral health, neurology, etc. blood collection, and job seeking skills and strategies.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- English Fluency (verbal and written)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and to reach overhead
Program Tuition: $2900.00
- Textbook and workbook combo
- Registration fee
- Criminal background check
- MHA school patch
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR/AED training
- Certificate, upon successful completion of the course
- Free work placement assistance
Not included in tuition:
- Lab fee $100.00
- Certification exam
- Uniform/Scrubs (Navy blue)
Weekly Payment Plan: MHA allows you to make pre-arranged, interest-free payments on your program. Please call to set up your payment plan.
Michigan Works: We are an approved training provider with Michigan Works. If you are currently unemployed,
you may be eligible to receive paid tuition and training costs through Michigan Works. Just contact the Michigan Works office
in your area and let them know that you are interested in taking the Medical Assistant training program at Michigan
Installment Plan: Our credit card processing company, “Square” offers financing for up to 12 months for approved students.
You may apply on their website at squareinstallments.com/apply/mham.
What are you waiting for? Call (586) 738-6632 today and launch your career as a Healthcare Hero!